Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

Number of Posts : 33

PostSubject: Chaser Nations Cup   Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:08 am

Hey guys,

I already have the website going on, now what I need your help for is the rules.

I want you to help me setting the rules to this cup.

Can we have, f/e, Germany A and Germany B registered?

Which map should it be? Clanwarz?

Score?

Anything else u might think important...

PS: Link to website soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain

Number of Posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 am

Skyline, if you want to make a Nations Cup with CTF maps, obviously there won't be any score, but time. Which the best might be 20 minutes each side and 5 minutes break, but this won't be possible at ClanWarz, since the bases are equal, so the best option would be chosing the same map as the one used to the HOC Tournament the last summer, CTF on FS without boxes, there are 2 type of FS CTF maps, 1 with boxes and other without them, which I prefer. We could get some awesome matches I believe Very Happy

milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:30 am

Baz|Ko wrote:
Skyline, if you want to make a Nations Cup with CTF maps, obviously there won't be any score, but time. Which the best might be 20 minutes each side and 5 minutes break, but this won't be possible at ClanWarz, since the bases are equal, so the best option would be chosing the same map as the one used to the HOC Tournament the last summer, CTF on FS without boxes, there are 2 type of FS CTF maps, 1 with boxes and other without them, which I prefer. We could get some awesome matches I believe Very Happy

CTF maps should be symmetric. I played a map on some tournament when I was in USMC, it was symmetric but I can't remember the name... Clanwarz or that map should be used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 am

That's true. CTF maps should be symmetric.

BlaCk

Number of Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Ok screw this, I really love the idea of this happening. Therefor I wrote some rules.
Please read them and give feedback or tell me what you would like different.
This is just how I would make the rules and these rules can change.. so tell me what you think:

The Possible Nations Cup rules:

Team rules:
The following countries could have enough players to start their own team(s):
Holland, Portugal, Germany, England, USA, France. (Tell me if I need to add here)

The rules that follow will apply to these countries:
• Every team consists of 4 players (if its a 4vs4 tournament) with a maximum of 5 subs. Bringing the total to maximum 9 players.
• Every member of a team has to origin from the country, speak the language and live in the country. (Exceptions are possible, for example mega in Belgium. These examples will be checked case by case).
• If a country has so much active players they can make more teams this is allowed. However once a team is created that is fixed. (This means if your in Portugal B and you lose, your out of the tournament and you can not play for say Portugal A.)
• Every county or team has to play with their own created tag. This needs to be different compared to other teams.

If your country is not on the above list and cant make a team of 4 reliable players the following rules will apply to you:
• You may create a team of maximum 2 countries merged together. (For example Sukh and Sonu from India and Uck and Dre from Estonia could form a team.)
• The rules state above about the size of the team and the origin of the players also applies to you.
• You may only create a merged team if your country doesn't have enough players. (For example Portugal and USA may not merge together to create a team. If you country can make their own team. You need to either join them or make a second team but you cant merge.)

Matches rules:
• The tournament is played on CTF maps. You can choose between the Mandek base or Clanwarz maps.
• Every team may pick a "home-map" where they prepared their own tactics.
• Every match will contain 2 rounds played right after each other. The first round on the home-map of team A and the second on the map of team B.
The match on each map is played for 20 minutes with a switch on 10 minutes and a 5 minute break after each map.
(For example team A picks mandek base and team B picks clanwarz. Round 1 will be on mandek, for 20 min with a switch on 10. Then a 5 min break. Then round 2 on clanwarz for 20 min with a switch on 10.)
• You may switch a maximum of 1 player during breaktime.
• The final result will be the total flag captures of a team on both rounds together. The team with the most flag captures wins. In case of a draw the team with the most kills wins.

General rules:
• No faking, bugging, cheating, hacking, crashing ect. Doing one of these things once will result in disqualification of the team. Giving the opponent a 10-0 victory.
• No flaming. This will be judged by the referee's. There may be warnings given out. 3 warnings will result in the removal of the player in question. The match will be finished.
• (Box)camping and other tactics are allowed.
• If a player is crashed out of the server the match will stop once the referee calls it. Any points scored after the call will not count. The match continues once the player is back.
The match will stop twice for 1 player if he is crashed. If the same player crashes 3 times the match will continue without him. He may be replaced. If the team wants so they can ask for a time-out to replace. Time-outs may last 5 minutes max. If no replace the match will be finished 3vs4.

Kind regards,

BlaCk.

Last edited by BlaCk on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sukh

Number of Posts : 8

PostSubject: Force India   Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:39 pm

I'll play for india ^^
Members: Sukh, Sonu, Raja, Shinda, Born2Fuck(idk who he is but he is indian i think) lol

Raja & Shinda inactive
so we will showup with 2/3 ppl ^^ lets see xD
Or i play for germany hmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am

BlaCk wrote:
Matches rules:
• The tournament is played on CTF maps. You can choose between the Mandek base or Clanwarz maps.
• Every team may pick a "home-map" where they prepared their own tactics.
• Every match will contain 2 rounds played right after each other. The first round on the home-map of team A and the second on the map of team B.
The match on each map is played for 20 minutes with a switch on 10 minutes and a 5 minute break after each map.
(For example team A picks mandek base and team B picks clanwarz. Round 1 will be on mandek, for 20 min with a switch on 10. Then a 5 min break. Then round 2 on clanwarz for 20 min with a switch on 10.)

I think it would be better if there isn't any home map, it's more like a MUST, both teams must play both maps, and why should it be like that? Because people will know more about Chaser maps and stuff, because probably most of the people will chose to play in ClanWarz, but why not Mandek Base aswell ?
And the last thing you said in this I quoted, well I've never seen that being done, it's not a bad idea, if others agree we could give it a try, why not.

BlaCk

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:39 am

Yea Baziko, like I said what I posted is up for discussion.
If fine with making it "one round on Clanwarz and 1 round on Mandek base". As long as both rounds on the different maps are played right after each other with a small break. I dont want to do 2 matches on 2 days ;p. (just to be clear)

Personally I would pick Mandek > clanwarz any time.. The map is way more fun becuase it has the opportunity to play above ground lvl which gives more room for tactics.

Im not 100% sure what you mean with your last sentence. What has never been done before?

BlaCk.

Last edited by BlaCk on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sukh

Number of Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:39 am

I would say u can choose between Mandek Base and Clanwarz map... or also Athenz ^^ but a lil bit bigger than those 2 maps Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mEGA
Trooper
Trooper

Number of Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:29 am

I agree with everything BlaCk said except for the home map thingy
Surely, it brings a lot of variety, but it kind of consumes too much time in my opinion..
But well if it is possible, why not!

EDIT: To bitches out there thinking I'm some kind of Belgian twat: I have the Portuguese nationality, portuguese parents and learn in portuguese. Next yr I'm living in Portugal to join my fellow lagger friends Very Happy
Just to make it clear Smile
EDIT2: Btw is 1on1 tourny cancelled? It's not really that worthy with 12 players ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 am

mEGA wrote:
I agree with everything BlaCk said except for the home map thingy
Surely, it brings a lot of variety, but it kind of consumes too much time in my opinion..
But well if it is possible, why not!

EDIT: To bitches out there thinking I'm some kind of Belgian twat: I have the Portuguese nationality, portuguese parents and learn in portuguese. Next yr I'm living in Portugal to join my fellow lagger friends Very Happy
Just to make it clear Smile
EDIT2: Btw is 1on1 tourny cancelled? It's not really that worthy with 12 players ...

@BlaCk: well I think it hasn't been done yet, but I'm not sure, I'm talking about playing 2 differents maps in different halfs and in the same day, as you said, and well said, I'm not going to set a date to play in 2 different maps... Make them on the same day instead.

And no mEGA, it isn't. There are others players that already registered, still 12 players considering Chaser's activity last year for example, it's more than enough for me lol.

SOĐ
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:51 am

Possible teams: NL-team1; PT-team1, PT-team2; DE-team1, DE-team2 DE-team3, DE-team4, DE-team5.
USA - Khan, Sokolov the rest are inactive USMC's.
French - PoWeR, Mesrine, saw Cocaine and Berenice around, but not sure if they are playing seriously.... (If i don't count 14 years old demo fr noobs)
UK - Crip, Spectre.

This tourny was not a bad idea at all, but in my view it will be pretty hard to make it happen real.
USA should get along with UK to a one team.
CZ: Bill, Lumair, Zippo, Me ~ CZ and FR should get together
and then States as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, They all talk in Serbian language so they just have 4 players to make a team (GiGi Gali, BOSNIA, dax, davi) =/ they should get together with Finland, (Shrek, WAVE) pitty deen left the game.

First we should sort out the teams and then care about the rest.
+ I would be glad if we wouldn't play 2 different maps. Knew, of course Baziko came up with FS CTF lol.
I'm giving my voice for CLANWARZ 2x20 minutes.

Last edited by SOĐ on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : tj)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redtube.com
milton
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:59 am

SOĐ wrote:
Possible teams: NL-team1; PT-team1, PT-team2; DE-team1, DE-team2 DE-team3, DE-team4, DE-team5.
USA - Khan, Sokolov the rest are inactive USMC's.
French - PoWeR, Mesrine, saw Cocaine and Berenice around, but not sure if they are playing seriously.... (If i don't count 14 years old demo fr noobs)
UK - Crip, Spectre.

This tourny was not a bad idea at all, but in my view it will be pretty hard to make it happen real.
USA should get along with UK to a one team.
CZ: Bill, Lumair, Zippo, Me ~ CZ and FR should get together
and then States as Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, They all talk in Serbian language so they just have 4 players to make a team (GiGi Gali, BOSNIA, dax, davi) =/ they should get together with Finland, (Shrek, WAVE) pitty deen left the game.

First we should sort out the teams and then care about the rest.
+ I would be glad if we wouldn't play 2 different maps. Knew, of course Baziko came up with FS CTF lol.
I'm giving my voice for CLANWARZ 2x20 minutes.

I agree with Clanwarz or Mandek.

3 PT teams are more than possible
1 CZ team
1 SK tea
3/4 DE teams
1 NL team
1 Turkey team
1 Balcan team ( yugo, davi, dax, etc )

and then 2/3 more mixed teams. (UK, FR, North America, FIN, etc )

This could happen really easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlaCk

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:05 am

Yes we will have more then enough teams if people want to participate. Which they should ! Very Happy

About the rules, I think everyone so far agree'd with my setup besides some discussion about maps and if we want to do 2 maps or not.
I personally vote for either the 2 rounds with 1 mandek and 1 clanwarz OR just 1 map in which case I vote mandek.
nice.

BlaCk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SOĐ
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 am

The tourny should runs simply, 1map. (CLANWARZ) ;D
Milton it won't be possible neither for SK nor for CZ to make a team.
But ok lets see...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redtube.com
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:43 am

Well ty Black for the rules!

Well organized and they are according of what I was expecting.

Only one thing... Are 10 minutes per part enough? I would as 15 minutes per part.

The rest I think its good..

Only one thing, who will "give" the servers? And can we have maps like mandek and clanwarz? We can, right?

Do u consider any other map to be played?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 am

There was a tournament that I think USMC hosted a few years ago that alternated between several different CTF maps, official and custom made maps. An old (forgotten) CTF map that actually worked very well in the tournament was a map called Cover Me.

It's a symmetrical map, but what's interesting is that a team spawns in front of their enemy's flag which makes this map extremely competitive and calls for a whole new range of tactics that are completely unlike anything seen in any other CTF map ! Perhaps this map could be one of the maps used for the tournament !

Rather than always using standard maps like FS CTF and Clanwarz, perhaps you should alternate more frequently, use different maps for different stages of the tournament !

Take this tournament all around Chaser, the last time this was done, it was really great !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ussf-chaser.eu
Suggy
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am

you used the map in the first kma-ctf tourny i played there against sonu and sukh Very Happy and i think you need to patch the map, to big, the ele was bugging and to hard to save the flag as flagrunner, no chance to survive becouse no boxes or somethink else to save his ass

Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 am

Yeah there was a problem with the elevators, that's just if you'd send them up and stand right underneath them!

As for there being no boxes for cover, that's the irony of the map Razz It doesn't make it impossible to capture, just very competitive and intense ^^ well, i'm speaking of my own experiences on this map, it was fun !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ussf-chaser.eu
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 am

SOĐ wrote:
Knew, of course Baziko came up with FS CTF lol.

Dude everyone loves FS, that's why it was an opinion to play in on CTF, which would get players to play it, for example, same goes for ClanWarz, many people knows that ClanWarz basics are from FS. That's why some times it is played and we can get some people to play it. Still, ClanWarz should NOT be the only map on this tournament, it would make it easier for AK'ers.

@Spectre's Map: Your map is awesome but really weird Matt, already tried it, my byself, you can get lost where the flags are, the elevators and the weapons, I guess so, last time I remember.

Still, this is honestly a map that I wouldn't play, why? As you said Matt, no boxes, nothing to cover.. Which means the best team work possible OR a bunch of AK'ers everywhere, and seriously.. As you all know, I'm an winchester...

Gui

Number of Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:14 am

The rules are good, just one thing i dont like about this tournament.. Its ctf. I think you should do a vote to see what the community thinks... Imo the normal mode would be a lot more funier but i wouldnt mind playing CTF if the comuunity votes it, although i really hate that mode...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:00 am

I think it's better for many maps.

We got FS CTF, Clanwarz, Mandek Base and Cover Me so far, but FS CTF would be excluded.

Why not making it 3 maps than?
First - Clanwarz
Second - Mandek
Third - Cover Me

For example PT wins DE on Clanwarz and looses on Mandek. It would be need a 3rd map to decide the wining team.
Or just count the flags taken, for example:
Clanwarz - 4 PT vs DE 3
Mandek - 3 PT vs 4 DE

3rd map needed.

What i don't agree is the fact you need to switch sides at 10 mins. Why? If the maps are symmetrical, there's no need for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skyline*
Trooper
Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 am

How about the Group Phase 1 map, then Semi-finals another map, and then final another map? Dunno....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlaCk

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:03 am

Ok I think we are making way to much trouble with these map things.
There are 2 solutions:
1) Go with the "home-map" thing so every team can pick their own map and you play 2 rounds right after eachother.
2) Pick a map and thats is the only map we play in the whole tournament.

We Can Not have 3 maps in 1 match, its not doable and will give insane amount of matches over a long period of time. I think 2 maps in 1 match is the absolute max.
I still recommend Mandek base due its awsome layout and millions of possible tactics.

Then finally why did I put in the "switch on 10 min"? Because it is absolutely needed on Mandek base (or any map with different hights). Why? One side can pick the "dragon-ninja" which gives reduced fall damage. This means that side is on clear favor as you start on top and almost always have to jump down, losing HP.
(Yeye I played that map in tournaments already so I know the tactics ! ;p)

If you go with a map like clanwarz the 10min switch is not needed indeed.

BlaCk.

**edit** Yes a map for each phase of the tournament might be cool actually, different maps make gameplay more intresting. You need to prepare more tactics ect. That might be cool sky !

Last edited by BlaCk on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:12 am

Both ideas are good... But well.. I don't think Cover Me should be the last map or even should be chosen, the reason why I said this was already mentioed before ..

But I wouldn't mind going with Downrise's option.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chaser Nations Cup   

Back to top Go down

Chaser Nations Cup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next