View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 75

PostSubject: How to Install a New Map   Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Map Installation Tutorial.

Two different files you will encounter when trying to install a map, "FS" and "CEW". (Except for .RAR or .ZIP, if you don't know how to extract these files, you should pick up a "How to use a Computer for Dummies" book).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- .FS ---

An '.fs' file is a compressed file containing files that will be added to your installation of Chaser, (or replace a few in the case of a patch). An '.fs' file can be installed on either versions of chaser (full and demo).

1. Create a folder in the same folder as Chaser.exe called "Addons" (if it does not already exist)

2. Place the '.fs' file into the "Addons" directory.

Note: '.fs' files contain files that chaser uses to execute, when dealing with patches, '.fs' files will contain files that replace the original files of Chaser. If you are experiencing problems (such as bugs or glitches), try clearing your Addons folder. The more '.fs' files you have in the "Addons" folder, the likelier it is that an error may occur when you try to run Chaser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- .CEW ---

A '.cew' file is a compiled map file, if the map you downloaded is of game type 'ShockTroops', then an additional file is required for installation; the '.STRulez' file (which contains information on both teams, such as their objectives, model types, etc...). These files can be installed on both full and demo.

1. Create a folder in the same folder as Chaser.exe called "Maps" (if it does not already exit)

2. Place the '.cew' file (and the .strulez file if it exists) in the "Maps" folder

Note: If you try to place a v1.50 map into your Demo Chaser installation, the map will be playable but the textures will not work properly since they do not actually exist in your Demo installation. No one has ever created a patch for Demo that contains all the converted textures from full that you do not have in demo (this would take several hours of work, but if you're interested, look into XOR.exe.

And if you really don't know what .RAR or .ZIP files are... They are archives. An archive is a compressed file that contains several files (in this case, either FS files or CEW / STRULEZ files), you need a tool (program) called "winRAR" to extract these files, type it in google and download it.

Post any queries you may have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ussf-chaser.eu
downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: How to Install a New Map   Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:18 am

Well i guess this deserves a sticky.
Not a thing that people wouldn't know, but it is good to have around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spectre
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: How to Install a New Map   Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:35 am

downrise wrote:

Unfortunately, you'd be surprised as to how many people don't know how to install custom maps !
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ussf-chaser.eu
Baz|Ko
Captain
Captain

Number of Posts : 319

PostSubject: Re: How to Install a New Map   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:00 am

Spectre wrote:
downrise wrote:

Unfortunately, you'd be surprised as to how many people don't know how to install custom maps !

Downrise is right and so is you Spectre, many people don't know how to install .cew Maps, which is quite understandable if they don't have a brother (or someone else) like I had to teach them those stuff.

downrise
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: How to Install a New Map   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:09 am

Spectre wrote:
downrise wrote:

I bet I would lol.
That's one of the reasons for a community though, supporting everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SOĐ
Lieutnant
Lieutnant

Number of Posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: How to Install a New Map   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:22 pm

yeah when a person is from the USA and you explain him how to insert these maps he usually understand. If you explain how to insert map to the others they are like assholes, i only write from my own experience, alot of you won't agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Install a New Map   

Back to top Go down

How to Install a New Map
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chaser-Community-Forum Reloaded! :: English Part :: Tutorials & Help-
Jump to: